Popular Uses of Tangerine Essential Oil
• Add 2–3 drops as a flavoring in cake and cookie recipes
• Add 1–2 drops in water, smoothies, teas, or lemonade for flavoring and for its digestive benefits
• To boost energy and uplift mood, place 1–2 drops in the palm of your hand, rub together, and cup over the nose and mouth for 30 seconds or diffuse throughout the room
• Apply to flex points or abdomen to promote feelings of calmness. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize sensitivity if needed
• Diffuse throughout your day, especially times of stress. Consider massaging over the solar plexus daily to increase playfulness.
• For grief, inhale from the palms of your hands, or diffuse throughout the room as needed. Also consider applying over the heart.
Inspiration for Using Tangerine Essential Oil
Energy Boosting Diffuser Blend: 3- 4 drops each Tangerine, Spearmint, and Lemongrass.
Refreshing Sugar Scrub: Mix 2 cups brown sugar, 1/4 Cup coconut oil, and 10 drops each Tangerine and Spearmint essential oils. Store in an air tight glass container.
Mood Lifting Perfume: In a 10 ml roller bottle, combine 3 drops Ylang Ylang, 3 drops Bergamot, 9 drops Clary Sage, 9 drops Lavender, and 12 drops Tangerine essential oils. Top with fractionated coconut or other carrier oils. Apply to pulse points throughout the day.
Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully and never use oil in a way not recommended by its maker.