Essential Oil-Tea Tree
Popular Uses of Melaleuca AKA Tea Tree Essential Oil
• For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
• Add 1 drop to a veggie cap to enhance immunity.
• Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving to prevent razor burn.
• Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and strengthen nails.
• Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental concerns.
• Can be used to manage oily skin when applied directly or sprayed on with water.
Inspiration for Using Melaleuca Essential Oil
Natural Deodorant: Combine 1/4 cup of coconut oil, shea butter, and baking soda. Heat until combined. While hot mix in 20 drops Melaleuca and 15 drops Lavender.
Shampoo for Oily Hair: Combine 1/4 cup of coconut oil and liquid castile soap and vegetable glycerin. Once combined stir in 10 drops Melaleuca essential oil.
Foaming Face Wash: Combine the castile soap, Argan oil, and Melaleuca Essential Oil, then place in foamer bottle. To use, wet face and scrub with foaming face wash.
Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully and never use oil in a way not recommended by its maker.