Essential Oil-Ylang Ylang
Popular Uses of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
• Put Ylang Ylang into an Epsom Salt bath for relaxation.
• Refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial using Ylang Ylang essential oil.
• Put on your wrists for a sweet and floral perfume.
• Add Ylang Ylang to fractionated coconut oil for a deep hair conditioner
• Massage into the shoulders or back, apply to the feet, or use aromatically to promote peace. (I’ve even tried tossing it at the heads of cranky people, but that didn’t go over well.)
• For emotional balance, I find that ylang ylang oil is best used either over the heart or aromatically (even inhaled directly from the bottle).
Inspiration for Using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Romantic Bath: Mix 10 drops each Ylang Ylang and Geranium essential oils along with 15 drops Grapefruit essential oil into 2 cups of Epsom salt. Pour under running hot water. Dissolve salt completely before bathing. Soak 15-30 minutes
Aphrodisiac Massage Oil: Mix 5 drops Ylang Ylang, 3 drops Sandalwood, and 3 drops Wild Orange in 1 tsp of carrier oil. Massage on inner thighs.
Joyful Diffuser Blend: 2 drops Bergamot, 2 drops Grapefruit, and 1 drop Ylang Ylang.
Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully and never use oil in a way not recommended by its maker.