Popular Uses of Frankincense Essential Oil
• Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening or working to promote joint health.
• Can help promote youthful, radiant–looking skin and slow the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of skin imperfections.
• Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings.
• Dry weather can take a toll on your nails. Try applying a drop of Frankincense to strengthen weak fingernails.
• Clear confusion by diffusing throughout the home, adding a dab to the shirt collar, or massaging behind the ears.
• Add a drop to steaming water, place a towel over your head, and inhale until the steam stops. Massage into the pads of feet and the toes for mood support.
Inspiration for Using Frankincense Essential Oil
Foaming Hand Soap: Mix 2 Cups water, 1/4 Cup Unscented liquid castile soap, and 5 drops each Lavender and Frankincense essential oils. Fill foaming soap dispenser.
Autumn Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Frankincense, 2 drops White Fir, 1 drop Cedarwood
DIY Roll on Deodorant: Fill a 10 ml roller bottle 1/3 with Clary Sage, 1/3 equal parts Frankincense, Lemon, Lavender, and Patchouli, 1/3 fractionated coconut oil. Roll on underarms, you know…like deodorant. (Play with the ratios, with more dilution, as needed for sensitive skin.)
Menstrual Discomfort Blend: Massage 2 drops Sandalwood and 2 drops Frankincense over the abdomen and lower back to ease discomfort. (Dilute as needed.)
Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.